Just what do Realtors do to earn their money? That is a good question. Unfortunately there are far too many that think that all they have to do is to put a sign on the property and hope that a buyer will give them a call. Or if they are lucky some other agent in the MLS will bring them an offer.
Wise experienced professionals in the real estate business know that it takes more than the above to make a difference in providing a great service to their clients. They are the ones who are able to make a good living and will be in the business when times get tough. They know what it takes to be successful.
When deciding to list your home with a Realtor be sure to ask them what they will do for you. While there are no guarantees that they will be able to sell your home they should be able to guarantee the service they provide. There services should include the following:
1. Determine 'fair market value' based on comparable sales data.
2. To identify a target audience for your home, a realistic potential buyer.
3. Design a marketing campaign to reach that prospective buyer.
4. To submit the property across the MLS.
5. To install a high visibility sign on the property. (One that stands out from the others.)
6. To advertise the property on line including a virtual tour.
7. To promote the property to the neighbors.
8. To distribute flyers and descriptive material featuring your property.
9. To advise you in every detail how to make your home more saleable.
10. To assist you in how to stage your home for showings.
11. To invite other agents to tour your home and receive their input.
12. To only show your home to prescreened qualified buyers.
13. To provide valuable feedback on a weekly basis. Keep the doors to communication open. 14. To represent you in all aspects during the negotiation process.
15. To network with other Realtors.
16. And to counsel with you in your next real estate purchase.
There are only three main reasons a home does not sell: Marketing, price, and condition. If all of these conditions are met, your home should sell. Read the fine print in any contract or agreement. Don't hesitate to ask for a service guarantee from your Realtor or have a way to fire them.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org Until next week keep smiling.