Here's some great tips from a recent article in the REALTOR magazine.
Easy and affordable projects can increase your home's resale value. The marketing company, HomeGain, surveyed nearly 600 real estate professionals and provided this list of projects under $1,000 that can give sellers big returns.
1. Cleaning and decluttering - Organize closets and shelves, clear countertops, remove personal items, make your home sparkling clean
2. Brightening - Clean all windows inside and out, replace old curtains, update lighting fixtures, remove anything blocking window light
3. Smart staging - Rearrange furniture, add some new accessories and/or furnishings, incorporate artwork, play soft music in the background
4. Landscaping enhancements - Add curb appeal by freshening up bark mulch, flowers, bushes and make sure grass and plants are well-care for
5. Repair electrical and plumbing - Fix leaks, remove mildew stains, update wiring for modern appliances, fix lights or outlets that don't work, and replace old plug points with new safety fixtures
6. Flooring - Steam-clean carpets, replace worn carpets, and repair any floor creaks